Powered By Blogger

28 November 2008

Singapore Ayam Penyet

Following my ayam penyet meal in Batam, I have been wanting to try it in Singapore again (again, meaning those pre-Batam ones were not nice). So this afternoon, I was at the ABC Food Centre (that's somewhere Queensway or Alexandra) and noticed there are many Muslim stalls and I think more than one of them are selling ayam penyet. I will probably try from different stalls each time I am there.

This is the rice and soup. The rice is actually chicken rice. The soup is pretty nice. I think it comes from some chicken stock they have used to cook the chicken.

The ayam (chicken) is much bigger than the one we had in Batam. This looks like the chicken thigh. The sambal is great too, though not as spicy as the one I had in Batam. But if you were to force me to make a choice between this and the Batam one, I still prefer the Batam ayam penyet. There was also a piece of toufu and er...that famous malay snack (can't remember what is it called) but I didn't like the taste of it.

Here's the full set. Heeheehee.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

try ayam penyet @ lucky plz

Anonymous said...

try ayam penyet @ lucky plz

Unknown said...

try ayam penyet @ Golden Shoe Car Park (long Q during lunch time) and Great World City Food Court.

Maomie said...

Hi Anonymous, Whereabout at lucky plaza? Is it called Ayam Ria?

Hi Bessie, Is the one at Great World City nice? At least that place is more accessible. Wonder when i will go to Golden Shoe. Hehe

Unknown said...

I think not bad becos a lot of ppl eat too.