Powered By Blogger

11 October 2008

Care for a bowl of Soto Ayam?

For a long time, I have not eaten a bowl of soto ayam that I consider anywhere near 'good'. The standard seems to have deteriorated gradually.

BUT!! I have found a good soto ayam stall this afternoon while having lunch prior to attending a friend's Fish Spa opening at Upper Serangoon Road.

The stall is located within the Ah Seah Eating House, along Yio Chu Kang Road (well, that's what the road is called though the main road just across it's junction is Upper Serangoon Road where the Singapore Crocodile Farm is, if you know where).

Called Rahim Muslim Food, it focuses only on a few items, which I believed are their specialty dishes - Mee Rebus, Mee Soto, Soto Ayam and Satay. One of the special items is Mee Rebus with Chicken.

The Mee Soto I ate is one of the best I have eaten in many, many years. It is generous with its bean sprouts (if you like it). Thankfully, the bean sprouts were nicely cooked and crunchy, unlike the usual raw-tasting bean sprouts which is not even half-cooked. The chilli, when added to the soto makes the dish very tasty too.

And the last thing is....the price is somewhat more expensive than those you buy at other places. My bowl of Soto Ayam cost $3.30. The usual price elsewhere is around $2 to $2.50 per bowl. But rest assured that the portion is decent. At least, I finally can fill my tummy reasonably with this bowl of soto. I will be happy to go back any time to patronise this stall again.

It states: If good, tell your friends. If no good, tell us!

Go try it, folks!

No comments: