Powered By Blogger

21 September 2008

Recipe for Banana Chocolate Chip Bread

When I saw 'bread', I was like, 'er, how was my convectional oven supposed to produce bread'? Luckily the end result was more like cake. It's a simple recipe and I had baked this many many times over. One of the more decent product I had managed.

Once when I went to get bananas, the stall owner shared with me that not all bananas can be used to bake cakes. Suggested I get the 'ang bak jio' (red meat banana, literally translating from the hokkien words). It really smells and tasted better than the dunno what banana I used previously.

So here's the recipe:

1 ½ cups unbleached all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup double chocolate chips
¼ cup pecans or walnuts toasted and chopped
1 stick softened unsalted butter
¾ cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Convection Bake. Butter and flour a 9x5x2 ½inch loaf pan. In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking soda andpowder and salt. Combine the chocolate chips and walnuts with 1 teaspoon offlour and set aside. Beat the butter together with the sugar until light andfluffy about 7 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time , then stir in thebananas and vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture and fold in the chocolate andnuts. Bake 325 degrees Convection Bake for 50 minutes or until a knifeinserted comes out clean.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow U got recipe, next time we can exchange recipe liao

BL

Me and My Two Precious said...

WOW~~~ Baking liao Wor..!!!
I am still waiting to borrow ur electrical beater!

:P

Maomie said...

Hi BL, yah, next time you can also post your recipe here!

Hi me and my two precious (can you shorten your nick), you can borrow my beater. I havent baked for a while though. Just make sure you return to me!! :p

Anonymous said...

ur hse got electric oven?? If yes, tat gd can go to ur hse to make cookies b4 CNY

BL

Maomie said...

Er....mine's the convection oven which I still do not know how to adjust it according to conventional oven standards.