Powered By Blogger

24 November 2008

Steamboat buffet at coffeeshop

Decided to have dinner at this AMK coffeeshop (the one that sells the popular tiptop curry puffs) that has steamboat buffet. They have been here for more than 10 years, I think and this is probably the second or third time I patronized. Each pax costs $12 and children $6. There are 3 types of soup base for you to choose: chicken, herbal and tomyam (additional $3 required).


Just getting started. Here's our chicken soup base steamboat. My targets for the night were prawns, fishballs and tung hoon.


Healthy choice eh?

Here you go...my targets!! All in all, I had taken 16 prawns most of which were consumed by me. I ate more than 10 fishballs, I think. Decided to take a few pieces of pig liver to try. But didn't quite like it. Got a funny taste. So just ate one piece. Oh, there was also cockles which only Dad ate.


Remnants of what we had taken. I also had my unforgettable half boiled egg. I remember when I was younger and had steamboat at home with mum and dad, I would look forward to having this half-boiled egg - using the 'net', we would lay it with some green vege leaves, then beat an egg into it before dipping the whole thing into the soup. Once half-boiled, will remove from the soup and place it into the bowl, add pepper and light soy sauce and finally....SLURP! It's something I had been waiting for eagerly each time we had steamboat at home. So, i decided to do it again tonight. Mmmm....so nice and satisfying. Should have taken a pic!!!



This still wasn't the end. I think only the end of the first round only. My prawn shells had piled up into a little mountain when we were done. I was proud of myself.
Worth it, I thought. And of course, I was happy to have a variety of choices!
I am not sure if I am seeking comfort eating. Hahahaha....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

introduce u a good & cheap steamboat buffet, jz only S$7.80 pet set, u can choose chicken set(chicken,fishball,veg etc..), pork set,beef set,standard set or seafood set-S$8.80 and the stock are free come with 1 bowl of rice. Normally I order 1 set for 2 person and additional 1 plate of Tahu Georage. The stock got tomyam, chicken, fish or herbal. Tey also got unlimited buffet @ S$24-90++ per person. It located at Tiong Bahru Plaza, 2nd floor.