Powered By Blogger

23 September 2008

Recipe for Stir Fried Noodles with Shredded Pork and Mushrooms (三丝炒伊面)

I got this recipe from a Stir Fry cookbook meant for Filipino helper. I like the simplified instructions and ingredients so I bought it home.

This is one of my favourite dishes when I attend wedding banquet.

I tried this out at home and it worked out really fine. Managed to stir up a decent meal for the two men at home!


There are other interesting dishes in the cookbook which I will try before sharing, I thought.

Ingredients:
1 fried noodles (large)
113g lean meat
113g green bean sprouts
3 dried black mushrooms
1 spring onion (sectioned)
2 slices ginger (shredded)

Marinade:
1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp cornflour
2 tbsp water

Seasoning:
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
1/4 cup water

Instructions:
1. Shred lean pork and mix with marinade
2. Cut the stalks off the caps of mushrooms. Soak until soft and shred.
3. Bring suitable amount of water to the boil. Put in fried noodles and cook for 1 minute. Remove and drain.
4. Heat wok and add 2 tbsp of oil. Put in ginger, dried black mushrooms and lean pork. Stir fry until the sauce dries up. Add green bean sprouts and spring onion and stir fry. Serve.

(My own comments: Of course you can have the variation you want according to your own preference.)

Photo and recipe from "Cookery Class for Filipino Helper - Stir Fry"

No comments: